I decided to buy the other day bean sprouts and to make some recipe from it as I have used them before in my cooking and I like trying out new things :)))
So, I consulted all mighty internet and stick as always to BBC Good Food website. I know it might look as if I am promoting this website that is not true, but I just like the variety of the simple recipes that they have and I always find something worth making there. So, this time I decided to make Scrambled Egg Stir-Fry recipe which is super fast and easy to make and makes a great light lunch or dinner. I used though twice more prawns and added garlic to the oil 🙂
- 1 tbsp oil
- 100g cooked prawns , defrosted if frozen
- thumb sized knob of ginger (no need to peel)
- large handful fresh beansprouts
- 4 spring onions , sliced
- 4 eggs , beaten
- 1 tbsp soy sauce , plus extra to taste
- Heat the oil in a wok or frying pan and stir-fry the prawns on a high heat for 30 secs until they start to take on a little colour. Tip in the ginger, bean sprouts and half of the spring onions and stir-fry for another 30 secs, then turn down the heat and pour in the eggs.
- Leave to set for a few seconds, then move the loosely-set egg around the pan with a spatula to scramble. When all of the egg has set, tip in the soy sauce and let it sizzle for a few seconds. Serve sprinkled with the rest of the shredded spring onion and season with more soy sauce to taste.
Make it veggie
Stir-fry chunks of tofu instead of prawns, or add extra veg such as water chestnuts or shredded bok choi.