I used to make other soup with sweet potatoes that goes with chilli, but this one is quite similar, so I decided to give a try, especially because it is with coconut cream.
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 onion , chopped
- 1-2 tsp Thai curry paste , red or green
- 1l vegetable stock
- half sachet creamed coconut (or ¼ can reduced-fat coconut milk)
- handful coriander , roughly chopped
- mini naan bread , to serve
- 750g sweet potatoes , cut into chunks
- Heat the oil in a deep saucepan, then soften the onion for 4-5 mins. Stir in the curry paste and cook for 1 min more until fragrant. Add the grated sweet potato and stock, then bring quickly to the boil, simmering for 5 mins until the potato is tender.
- Remove the soup from the heat, stir in the coconut and seasoning, then cool briefly before whizzing with a stick blender until smooth. Sprinkle with coriander and serve with warm naan breads.
I did not use naan breads, but nonetheless it came out great.