Today I am ready for some easy cooking and I have one of my favourite recipes from BBC Good Food. This time it will be chicken, but sometimes I just do it with pasta and Keven, who don’t like pesto at all, loves it!, So here goes the recipe for Summer-in-Winter chicken:
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 4 boneless skinless chickenbreasts
- 200g pack cherry tomatoes
- 3 tbsp pesto
- 3 tbsp crème fraîche (regular cream is fine, I use 5%)
- fresh basil , if you have it
- Heat the oil in a frying pan, preferably non-stick. Add the chicken and fry without moving it until it takes on a bit of colour. Turn the chicken and cook on the other side. Continue cooking for 12-15 mins until the chicken is cooked through. Season all over with a little salt and pepper.
- Halve the tomatoes and throw them into the pan, stirring them around for a couple of minutes until they start to soften. Reduce the heat and stir in the pesto and crème fraîche until it makes a sauce. Scatter with a few basil leaves if you have them, then serve with rice and salad or mash and broccoli.
- 1 tablespoon and 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar or cider vinegar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/4 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil